DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Are you an engineer who’s a cloud native with the courage to take on a greenfield project where anything is possible? Do you like designing and implementing scalable cloud platforms?
We're building a completely greenfield new architecture in the Google Cloud and there's the chance to design and decide everything from the infrastructure architecture to the monitoring, alerting and self-healing strategies. It's a high-performance, high-availability scenario so our emphasis is on quality rather than speed. It's a great place for someone to be able to stretch themselves to design that system they've always wanted to and have full ownership.
This is a hands-on role working closely with our developers as part of a wider technology team that is rapidly delivering new functionality. You will lead and demonstrate the DevOps way of working. On a personal level, we’re an enthusiastic and sociable team who is striving to deliver real excellence.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design and deliver cloud infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform
- Specify (code) environments using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Optimise cloud assets to provide cost effective, scalable, modern and secure infrastructure
- Work together with developers to optimize their environments and processes
- Establishing a robust and highly-performant CI/CD pipeline
- Implement complex functional monitoring as well as technical / systems monitoring
- Automating as much as possible of the day-to-day operations and deployments
- Continuous improvement of the capacity, availability, performance and security of our cloud environments
- Introduce ideas and methods to increase observability throughout the platforms
- Providing documentation for transparency and auditing
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and produce long-term fixes
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Minimise the possibility for anyone to be called while on-call
We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, has their own opinions on architectural alternatives and can work as part of a team to explore the possibilities.
Proven experience in one or more of the following:
- Strong Linux and networking skills
- CI/CD Tooling (Google Cloud Build / Concourse CI or similar)
- Terraform or similar
- Hashicorp Vault or similar
- JVM environments
- Kafka or similar message brokers
- Very good command in English (written and spoken) and preferably Dutch
Our cloud environment is primarily Google Cloud Platform based. You will need to be an experienced Cloud Engineer or DevOps Engineer with strong functional competencies in infrastructure architecture, security and performance optimisation. Strong working experience in either GCP or AWS is essential. If you're from the AWS platform we assume you are able to apply your knowledge onto GCP as well.